Rename a SharinPix album using a Process Builder (Admin-Oriented)
This article demonstrates how to rename a SharinPix album using a Process Builder.
For this demo, we will use the Lead and Opportunity objects.
The setup will be in such a way that when a Lead record is converted into an Opportunity, the Lead's album is copied to the Opportunity record.
The SharinPix package includes the Apex class RenameAlbum which is used to rename SharinPix albums.
Creation of the Process Builder
This section demonstrates how to create a Process Builder that invokes the Apex class RenameAlbum to rename an album.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Setup. In the Quick Find Box, type Process Builder
- Under Process Automation, select Process Builder
- Click on New
- For the newly-created Process Builder:
- For the field, Process Name enter SharinPix Rename Lead To Opportunity Album
- Enter a description for the process (This step is optional)
- For the field The process starts when, select A record changes
- Click Save
Once on the Process Builder editor:
- Click on Add Object
- For the field Object, select Lead
- For the field Start the process, choose when a record is created or edited
- Click on Save
- Next, click on Add Criteria
- For the field Criteria Name, enter On Lead to Opportunity conversion
- For the field Criteria for Executing Actions, select Conditions are met
- Inside the Set Conditions section
- Choose Converted Opportunity ID as the field
- Then, select Is Changed as the operator, Boolean as the type and True as the value
- Leave the field Conditions as All of the conditions are met (AND)
- Next, click on Add Action
- For the Action Type, choose Apex
- For the Action Name, enter Rename Opportunity album
- For the Apex Class, select sharinpix__RenameAlbum
- Inside the Set Apex Variables:
- For the field New Album ID, choose Field Reference as the type. For the value, choose Converted Opportunity ID
- For the field Current Album ID, choose Field Reference as the type and Lead ID as the value
- Click Save when done
You can now activate the Process Builder.
To test the Process Builder:
- Go on a Lead record and upload some images to it's corresponding SharinPix album
- Then, convert the Lead
- Go to the converted Opportunity record. The images previously uploaded on the Lead are now available on the converted Opportunity's album
This implementation can also be used when attempting to copy a SharinPix Album integrated on a website to a Salesforce record.
For example, suppose you want to copy the album from the website to a Lead record, here you will need to capture the ID of the album found on the the website and store the same as a temporary ID in a Salesforce field on the Lead object. Then, create a Process Builder that invokes the method RenameAlbum to perform the renaming. In this case, the Current Album ID will be the temporary ID and the New Album ID will be the Lead record's ID.