Personalized image download for a specific size/format
The present article will show how it is possible to create custom hyperlinks that will download the same specific image but in different sizes, namely:
- Full corresponds to a size of 1920 x 1280 pixels.
- Large corresponds to a size of 200 x 200 pixels.
- Mini corresponds to a size of 100 x 100 pixels.
Info: The Visualforce Page and Apex Class used in the present article can be found on GitHub by following this link: https://github.com/SharinPix/demo-apex/tree/personalized-size-download
- In the present context, the Visualforce Page is launched from a custom lightning action found on the record page of the Contact object. The screenshot below shows the custom action being executed.
- Upon clicking on an image's thumbnail, several hyperlinks appear. Each of these hyperlinks downloads the current image in a different size.
- Upon clicking on the Download full Image hyperlink, an image of size 1920 x 1280 pixels is downloaded.
- Upon clicking on the Download large Image hyperlink, an image of size 200 x 200 pixels is downloaded.
- Upon clicking on the Download mini Image hyperlink, an image of size 100 x 100 pixels is downloaded.