SharinPix Mobile App Global Configuration
The SharinPix mobile app has 3 configuration levels:
- By making use of Deeplinks.
- By making use of the Settings screen on the SharinPix mobile app itself.
- By configuring the mobile app global parameters as described in the following sections.
The SharinPix Mobile app global parameters enable the customization of the SharinPix mobile app. The parameters currently available are:
- exit_page_text_ios (This parameter only applies to iOS devices)
This article explains how to configure the above parameters on your Organization.
Set up the parameters on your Organization
The SharinPix mobile parameters can be configured on the SharinPix Global Settings as explained in the following steps.
1. To access the SharinPix Global Settings, from your Org:
- Using App Launcher, search for SharinPix Settings
- On the SharinPix Settings tab, click on the Go to administration dashboard button to open the global settings
2. Once on the SharinPix Global Settings:
- click on Settings from the top menu bar
- Next, click on the Edit Organization button
- The SharinPix mobile app parameters can be viewed and edited in the Mobile app config section as shown below:
- To add a parameter, select the action menu icon then, click on Append as depicted below:
The example below depicts how the mobile app config section looks like after the parameters have been added:
The maximum number of images that can be added to a batch (a capture session) is usually 100, after which you will see an error message. You can add another 100 if you open the app again after submitting the previous one.
It is not recommended to add more than 100 images per batch. However, if you really wish to do so, please contact us and we will increase the limit.
Configure the checklist_order parameter
The checklist_order parameter can be used to preserve the checklist order. This parameter takes two values:
- auto: Applying this value does not preserve the checklist's order. In this case, when a tag is applied from the checklist, the corresponding row is sent to the bottom of the list on the SharinPix app.
- preserve: This value is used to preserve the checklist order. Here, when a tag is applied from the checklist, the tag entry in the checklist remains in place, it is not sent to the bottom of the list.
The following code snippet shows how to configure the checklist_order parameter to preserve or auto in the Mobile app config section:
Here's an example of how it should look like in the Mobile app config section:
Configure the auto_destroy_after parameter
The auto_destroy_after parameter automatically deletes your images from the mobile app medias once they are marked as processed after a pre-defined amount of time.
The value used for this parameters should be equal to the number of seconds before the images are removed. For example, if you want your images to be removed from the medias after 5 minutes, the auto_destroy parameter should be configured as follows:
The auto_destroy_after parameter also accepts the following special values:
- 0: When using 0 as the value, the images are removed from the medias once they are marked as processed. Here, no lapse of time is given for the deletion. The syntax is as follows:
- -1: A value of -1 means that the images will not be deleted from the medias. Here is the syntax is:
Here's an example of how the auto_destroy_after parameter should look like in the Mobile app config section:
Configure the incomplete_checklist_alert_text parameter
The incomplete_checklist_alert_text parameter can be used to add a personalized alert in cases where users attempt to submit images without completing the checklist.
The following code snippet shows how to configure the incomplete_checklist_alert_text parameter with your own personalized text:
"incomplete_checklist_alert_text": "Please fill the missing task(s) before submission"
The incomplete_checklist_alert_text parameter also accepts the following special values:
- <COUNT>: The <COUNT> value refers to the number of missing tasks in the checklist. For example, the following configuration
"incomplete_checklist_alert_text": "Missing <COUNT> tasks. Please fill the task(s)."
will be displayed as follows on the SharinPix mobile app:
An empty string: Inserting an empty string will omit the alert message when attempting to submit an incomplete checklist. For example, configuring the incomplete_checklist_alert_text parameter as follows:
"incomplete_checklist_alert_text": ""will not display any alert message when submitting an incomplete checklist.
Configure the exit_page_text_ios parameter
The exit_page_text_ios parameter can be used to personalize and associate a text to the SharinPix mobile app's back button on iOS devices. Since iOS does not allow us to close the app automatically, this text can guide the user on the way to proceed.
The following code snippet shows how to configure the exit_page_text_ios parameter with your own personalized text:
"exit_page_text_ios": "Use <Salesforce above to return to Account."
It will be displayed as follows on the SharinPix mobile app:
Here's an example of how it looks like in the Mobile app config section:
The ret_url parameter allows users to return to a specific external app (for example, Salesforce app or Salesforce Field Service app) from the SharinPix mobile app. This parameter can be configured in deeplinks.
For more information on the ret_url parameter and on how it is configured, refer to the following article:
Configure the compression parameter
The compression parameter can be used to dictate the SharinPix mobile app to compress the captured images or not. Compressing the images taken by the SharinPix mobile app accelerates the upload and does not impact on the image quality.
The following code snippet shows how to configure the compression parameter:
This parameter accepts two values:
- true: When set to true, the SharinPix mobile app will perform the compression of images. (Note: The compression is set to true by default. Therefore, if not specified, image compression will take place.)
- false: When set to false, the mobile app will not compress the captured images.
Configure the await_upload parameter
The await_upload parameter can be used to show the upload progress after submitting images captured using the SharinPix mobile app.
The following code snippet shows how to configure the await_upload parameter:
This parameter takes two values:
- true: Used to show the image upload progress and wait for completion before exiting
- false: Default behaviour - uploads will be done in the background
The await_upload parameter can also be configured in deeplinks. For more information on how to configure this parameter in a deeplink, refer to the following article:
Configure the confirm parameter
The confirm parameter is used to request confirmation from the user before the actual submission. A screen is shown with details of media to be submitted and the user can modify his input before finalizing the submission. The value for this parameter can be:
for showing the confirmation screen before batch submission.
The confirm parameter can also be configured in deeplinks. For more information on how to configure this parameter in a deeplink, refer to the following article:
Changes to the SharinPix mobile app global configuration can take some time to be deployed to your device when offline.
The SharinPix app will keep its current configuration in cache for at least an hour. So, if you open the app with a token while you're online, the new configuration will be automatically applied if it has been more than an hour since the last update. You can force the app to update its local configuration by going to the Settings page (tap on the top-right cog icon when you open the app).
You can ensure the app settings have been updated by looking at the last updated date and time at the bottom of the Settings page.