The SharinPix Share Component permits users to generate and share a URL of either selected images from an album or the whole album. The generated URL is accessible across any platform/device and enables end users to modify the album (upload, delete, add tags, etc.) depending on the SharinPix Permission given.
This feature is only available on Lightning. It can be used:
- On Page Builder
- On Desktop
- The SharinPix Share component is compatible with the SharinPix Album Component for now.
- Ensure that the user performing the Share has been assigned the SharinPix Share Permission.
To use the SharinPix Share component, simply need to drag and drop the component from the Lightning App Builder onto your page layout.
Lightning Component Parameters
- Button Label: Used to specify the button's label. The default value is Share.
- Custom Permission Id or Name: Name or ID of a SharinPix Permission object (used to control rights for the SharinPix component). Note: For more information on how to create/edit the custom permission, refer to this article: SharinPix Permission object - How to create and assign custom permission?
- Allow sharing on a selection of images only: If checked, sharing will be available on a selection of one or more images only. If not checked, sharing will be available on the album as well. Consider what you want users to share before setting this parameter.
- Maintain selection order: If checked, the selection order of the images will be maintained on the shared link. This will override the sort value in the SharinPix Permission specified in the Custom Permission Id or Name parameter or the organization default.
- Component ID: Component ID to be matched by SharinPix components on the page. This is any text that will be common between this component and the SharinPix album component. It allows for matching components to communicate in case some components need to be repeated on the same record page. Example: Set 'sharinpix-1' as the Target Component ID here and also on the SharinPix Album component's Component ID parameter.
We advise caution when configuring a SharinPix Permission. If upload, edit or delete permissions are present, the viewers of the shared URL will be able to make changes to your images that will reflect on your Salesforce.
Alternatively, if you desire for example the custom filename feature for downloads, you will need to include it in the SharinPix Permission.
The picture below depicts a SharinPix Share and a SharinPix Album component with images. The checkbox “Allow Sharing on a Selection of Images only” is checked in the parameters of the SharinPix Share component and that’s why the button is disabled when no image is selected.
Start by selecting the images to be shared. The SharinPix Share button is enabled after the selection as shown below.
Click on the Share button to start the share process.
The shareable URL is opened in a modal as shown in the picture below.
In the screenshot below, you can see the images that have been shared are in the order it has been selected.