Basic Setup - Step 3c for new Salesforce Mobile App Users - Setup SharinPix for Mobile (Lightning Experience)
This article demonstrates how to access the SharinPix Album component inside the Salesforce mobile app. To do so we will:
The example presented in this article takes place within the new Lightning Experience. In order to proceed, you are therefore required to set up the new Lightning Experience for mobile.
If the new Lightning Experience is not enabled inside your Organisation, here are some useful articles that you can refer to:
- Lightning Experience for Salesforce Mobile App (introductory articles)
- Set up the Lightning Experience for Salesforce Mobile App (including detailed steps)
- Set up the Lightning Experience for Salesforce Mobile App (including video)
To determine if you are still using the Classic experience for mobile or if you are already using the new mobile Lightning Experience, you should check the following points:
- You are in the mobile Classic Experience if
- You have rounded colored icons on the bottom when you open a record
- You have Chatter/Details/Related tabs on the top such as Post, File, New Task, ...
- You are in the new mobile Lightning Experience if
- You have rounded colored on the top such as Post, File, New Task, ...
- You have greyed icons on the bottom such as Chatter, Today, Dashboard, and Menu
One easy way to ensure that the Lightning Experience for mobile has been correctly configured in your organization is to take a look at the layout presented inside the Salesforce mobile app.
The following image depicts how the mobile layout looks like when using the Lightning Experience:
If the layout presented is similar to the one shown in the above image, this is an indication that the Lightning Experience has been correctly configured.
In this section we will add the SharinPix Album on the page layout of an Opportunity object.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to an Opportunity record and edit the page.
- Once inside the Lightning App Builder, to preview how the layout will appear inside the Salesforce mobile app, switch from the Desktop view to the Phone view as shown below:
- Open the Details tab, then drag and drop the SharinPix Album component (found under Custom - Managed) on the preview pane as shown below:
- Different settings can be applied onto the SharinPix Album component. The settings are available on the right panel as shown below:
For more information on the SharinPix Album's parameters, refer to this article: SharinPix Album
- Click Save.
- Next, click on Activate. Here you can assign the Phone Form Factor as the org default, app default or as a combination of apps, record types and profiles.
The example below, show a combination of apps, record types and profiles for the Phone Form Factor assignment:
You should ensure that proper assignment is provided to your Phone Phone Factor.
You can now access the SharinPix Album component from the Salesforce mobile app.
To access the SharinPix Album component:
- Open the Salesforce mobile app.
- Go to an Opportunity record.
- The SharinPix Album component is available from there.
If you are using the Classic experience on tablets and iPads, an additional configuration is required for your Organization. Here, you should also enable the New Salesforce Mobile App for Tablet on your Org. To do so, follow the steps below:
- From Setup, look for New Salesforce Mobile App Quickstart using the Quick Find search box
- Then, in the New Salesforce Mobile App for Tablet section, activate the option Give All Users Access as follows:
The option to enable the New Salesforce Mobile App for Tablet will be available on your Org only if you have upgraded with the New Salesforce Mobile App QuickStart in Winter '20 Release.
If you did not opt-in for this feature during Winter' 20 but, still want to access the Toggle for New Salesforce Mobile App for Tablet in the Setup section for New Salesforce Mobile App Quickstart, kindly create a case to request Salesforce Support to enable it on your Org.
Click on the following link for more details on the above:
Now it's time to check out the features you can enable from SharinPix Global Settings