SharinPix Transformation - Get your images watermarked
This article demonstrates how to get your image watermarked using the SharinPix Transformation feature.
- This article assumes that the SharinPix Image Sync feature has been activated. For more information on how to activate the SharinPix Image Sync feature, refer to the following article: Setup SharinPix Image Sync
- Before going deeper on SharinPix Transformation capabilities, please check the basics of SharinPix Transformation (to resize images).
Access the SharinPix Transformation feature
To access the SharinPix Transformation settings, follow the steps below:
- From the Setup page, type Custom Metadata Types using the Quick Find box
- Next, click on Manage Records next to SharinPix Transformation
- Then click on the New button
You will then be directed to the page below:
The parameters labeled with 1, 2 and 3 are described in details in the SharinPix transformation basics.
Parameters labeled with 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are dedicated to the watermark.
Specify the image to use as watermark - Image ID parameter
SharinPix watermarks work along Image Sync transformation and is based on SharinPix image used as static ressource.
To retrieve the watermark's Image ID, follow the steps below:
- Upload the watermark image in any SharinPix album using an admin user
- Next, access the uploaded image from the SharinPix Global Settings as follows:
- Using the App Launcher, search for the SharinPix Settings tab
- Once on the SharinPix Settings page, click on the button Go to Administration Dashboard. This action will bring you to the SharinPix Global Settings
- Once on the global settings, click on the Images menu
- Next, click on your watermark image
- Then from the URL bar, copy the image ID as highlighted below:
For example, if your URL is as follows
your image ID will be the ID after the
images/, that is,
- To finish, paste the image ID in the Image Id field of your SharinPix Transformation setting
Watermark Size and Opacity - Watermark Size parameter
The watermark process takes as parameter a size and an opacity.
The size can be expressed in percentage or pixels.
The opacity is a percentage value between 0 and 100.
This should be setup in the Watermark Size parameter from the SharinPix Transformation.
it should respect the following pattern :
100x100;px;40 : Watermark with width 100px and height 100px with opacity 40.
30;%;60 : Watermark with size 30% of backdrop image with opacity 60.
30x20;%;60 : Watermark with width 30% and height 20% of backdrop image with opacity 60.