Using on Salesforce flow (Developer skills required)
This demo only serves as a broad example on how SharinPix be used in Salesforce Flow. You are not restricted to using Contacts or Accounts objects. To get a technical grasp on how the VisualFlow was implemented, please head over to the Cookbook section: Create Contacts from an Account using VisualFlow
In this demo, we will see how it possible to create one or more Contacts starting from a particular Account record and upload a profile picture corresponding to the SharinPix Album for each newly-created Contact record.
To implement the present demo, we will reference a Visual Flow inside a Visualforce Page. The following steps provide a high-level overview of the objective we want to achieve in this demo:
- Look up the Id of Account Record from which the Screen Flow was launched.
- Display the input fields to so as to create the Contact record(s) while using the Account Id (collected in the previous step) in order to create a LookUp relationship between the Account and the recently-created Contact record(s).
- Display the SharinPix Album for the user to upload the profile picture of the newly-created Contact(s).
4. Reference the newly-created Flow inside a Visualforce Page.
5. Create a custom action to launch the Visualforce Page created in the previous step.
6. Add the custom action to the Account's page-layout.
Integrating SharinPix with the VisualFlow
In order to be able to use the SharinPix Album alongside a VisualFlow, we references both the SharinPix Album and the VisualFlow inside a custom Visualforce Page.
The code snippet below shows how both the VisualFlow and SharinPix Album is referenced inside a Visualforce Page.
- The code snippet below references a VisualFlow.
- As it can bee seen above, the flow element has the following properties:
- Name: the name of the flow created.
- Interview: a reference to the flow interview as declared in the Apex Controller of the current Visualforce Page. This reference will allow us to access the variables found in the flow.
- The code snippet below references the SharinPix Visualforce Component.
As it can be seen in the above code snippet, the SharinPix Visualforce Component has the properties:
- height: corresponds to the height of the SharinPix Album as rendered inside the SharinPix Visualforce Component.
- rendered: corresponds to the Boolean flag that dictates whether the SharinPix Visualforce Component is to be rendered, hence displayed on the Visualforce Page.
- parameters: corresponds to the set of SharinPix Abilities enabled/disabled on the SharinPix Album.
The code snippet below shows the implementation of the Apex Class used as the controller for the Visualforce Page implemented above.
The declared variable sp_flow represents the reference for the Flow. It will allow us to access the variables present within the flow.
For example, within the SharinPix Visualforce Component referenced inside the Visualforce Page, shown above, uses the Flow reference to access the following variables:
- sp_flow.RenderAlbum: The RenderAlbum variable is used to dictate whether the SharinPix Visualforce Component is to be displayed or not on the Visualforce Page.
- sp_flow.ContactId: The ContactId variable is used to associate the SharinPix Album to the relevant Contact Record.