Customizing your SharinPix Global Settings
The Global Settings allow you to set specific permissions for everybody in your organization. First, we'll walk through getting to the Global Settings, via the SharinPix Administration Dashboard. Then we'll check out some of the basic features that you can enable through the Global settings.
The SharinPix Album abilities available on the Global Settings can also be configured using SharinPix Permissions.
The SharinPix Global Settings configuration is applied on albums by default unless a SharinPix Permission has been assigned to the album.
However, for security reasons, we strongly advise using a SharinPix Permission to control album abilities instead of the SharinPix Global Settings.
Access and configure the SharinPix Global Settings
To access the SharinPix Global Settings from your Organization, proceed as follows:
- Click on the App Launcher
- Enter SharinPix Settings in the search bar and select SharinPix Settings
- On the SharinPix Settings page, click on the Go to administration dashboard button
- You may have to sign in again to authenticate your credentials.
- Next, click on the Settings tab to access the Global Settings
To configure the Global Settings, click on the Edit Organization button.
Example of the User Interface in the SharinPix Settings:
- To enable/disable album abilities, check/uncheck the checkboxes accordingly.
- Click on the Update Organization button located at the bottom of the page to save the changes.
Overview of the SharinPix Global Settings parameters
Global Settings give users access to the settings below:
- Add Button - for all users
- Display Images from all Users
- Add a tag function
- Delete button
Adding tags to the photos:
Add a tag Icon:
Tag List with Add a Tag link:
Add a Tag:
Create and Display Tags:
Photo with Tags:
In fullscreen, all the tool icons are visible:
1. Tag the image
2. Download the image
3. Open the image in fullscreen on another tab
4. & 5. Rotate the image
6. & 7. Flip the image
8. Duplicate the image
9. Crop the image
10. Hide/display the image annotations
11. Annotate the image
12. Set the image quality
13. View image information
14. Close the fullscreen view
15. Image zoom slider
Edit Tools - have some fun here
- Size of mark
- Color of mark
- Text box
- Double Arrow
The Menu Command section provides some options as depicted in the images below:
These options are available in the Thumbnail Menu as shown below:
For more information about how to access the Thumbnail Menu, refer to the following article: Thumbnail View - The menu
Album Images Sort
The Album Images Sort section provides options that can be used to apply sorting on the images found in an album.
The Privacy section permits you to set whether to ask the user to access the geolocation or not.
This section provides the following options:
- No image selection after upload
- By default, after the first upload to an album, all the images uploaded are selected. After applying the No images selection after upload options, the images will not be selected after the first upload.
- Download zip
- The Download zip option enables the user to download the images in a zip file.
- Salesforce field on sObject SharinPixImage__c with custom image filename for zip download
- This parameter allows us to download the image with a custom filename. The value of the custom filename should be stored in a Salesforce field on the SharinPixImage__c sObject.
- The Salesforce field API name should then be used as the value for the parameter download_custom_filename, for example: download_custom_filename: 'CustomFilename__c', where CustomFilename__c refers to the API name of the Salesforce field storing the value for the custom filename.
- Autosave annotations
- By default, the save button has to be clicked to save annotations on the image. After applying the Autosave annotations option, annotations are saved automatically as they are added.
- Handle to duplicate annotations
- The Handle to duplicate annotations allows duplication of an annotation.
- Zoom slider
- The Zoom slider provides a slider to zoom in and zoom out of the image.
- Image color adjustment
- The Image color adjustment option enables the color_adjustment ability which allows the user to adjust the brightness, contrast and saturation.